MainStreet / SoMa (South Main).
This month we are covering the eclectic and laid back area of Vancouver’s Main Street is the hub of hipsters in Vancouver.
By: Caprice Papillion
- The nightlife on Main and SoMa definitely has a
hipster appeal. SoMa has a casual and relaxed vibe and is more focused
on music and atmosphere rather than style and decor. It is the opposite
side of the coin from Yaletown, Granville and Gastown. You will also find
that it is 100% less of a “meat market” than downtown clubs.
- SoMa’s Best
- 1. The Cascade Room, 2616 Main Street
2. Main on Main, 4210 Main Street
3. The Five Point, 3124 Main Street
4. The Reef, 4172 Main St
5. Toshi Sushi, 181 E 16th Ave
6.Nyala African Cuisine, 4148 Main St (CLOSED)
7. The General Public Sushi Lounge, 3289 Main StThe Cascade Room, Photography: My Van City